To Cry or Not to Cry…according to fitness guru, Simone de la Rue, it’s not much of a question at all…here are five reasons why.
- Some say crying is a sign of weakness. I totally disagree. I believe it is a sign of strength. Allowing yourself to cry, is allowing yourself to be vulnerable. And in true vulnerability lies extreme strength.
- Like anything in life you should never hang onto things too tightly. You should allow it to be. I believe you should never hold onto or hold back a good cry. It is an incredible release, emotionally and physically.
- I am also a fan of happy tears! When you laugh so much and so hard that tears stream down your face! It’s so good for the soul.
- I also see crying as a spiritual cleanse. Water washes away the dirt and impurities leaving a clean slate.
- Crying is what unites us as humans. We all cry at some point in our lives. Whether it’s in pain, loss, grief, fear. These are all human emotions and experiences.